Thursday, September 27, 2012

DEVO

It was Earth day 1990.  Free Devo concert in SF at Chrissy Fields.  Diane and I were living in SF while I did my postdoctoral training at UCSF.  I had always been a fan since I saw them on Saturday Night Live in the 70's.  It was a rainy day.  And they only played a note or two before the electronics fritzed out and they cancelled it.  I was very disappointed.


22 years later we saw them and it was incredible!  Circumstances made it a show for the ages.


I was able to get great tickets for the Blondie/Devo tour when they went on sale.  7th row, stage right.  We watched Blondie's set from there.


At intermission we bumped into two lab member who had been given tickets to the show that evening at a Chicago bar.  The tickets were row 2 center.  They gave us their seats.  Bless their hearts.




The seat upgrade was amazing.





After this song, Mark Mothersbaugh (lead singer) threw his 3-D glasses into the crowd.  I got them.










It took more than 20 years, but our Devo redemption was worth the wait.



No comments: