Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day - 6, Recovery Day and Bear redemption

Today was recovery from Panorama Trail hike day. We were pretty beat up. DIane had the most energy as evidenced by her doing laundry. WOW! THe boys and I watched disney channel and tried to stay cool. I just couldn't spend the whole day at the room. Diane and I went to Spend some time in the Valley while the boys watched more TV. We were going to go to El Capitan meadow and look for climbers on the monolith. We found some climbers and shared their location with others looking up. Hanging out in that meadow is something that Diane and I have love to do since were have been married. More than 25 years.



On the way out we came upon a group of visitors who were watching a bear with 2 cubs. A second chance to take some pictures after the fail the other day. I had learned my lesson and the camera was ready to go. It was dusk which made photography challenging. But with my killer telephoto and the help of photoshop the I got some great bear pictures. The grass was tall so it was hard to see the cubs. Luckily this one climbed up the tree.



The bear family took its time wandering parallel to the road and the group of onlookers moved with them.



It was another great day at Yosemite!

No comments: