Saturday, April 30, 2011

JazzFest New Orleans

My seminar at LSU Medical School just happened to overlap with JazzFest. An annual festival of food and music. Its held in the field area of a horse race track. I had a greater gator poorboy sandwich! Then we settled at a strategic place near the beer tent and the main stage. First we saw Jeff Beck and then Robert Plant (of Led Zepplin fame). You can see that they drew quite a crowd. This is a panorama picture of the crowd taken with a special feature of my new pocket digital camera. Pretty cool!




Then we went to the French Quarter for Dinner and Beer. The raw oysters were wonderful! After dinner we took a tour of the French Quarter on a mule drawn cart. The tour was very informative. Here I am on the cart with my friend and collaborator Ron Veazey and Pam Kozlowski who invited me to LSU. She was a wonderful host.

No comments: