Saturday, February 5, 2011

Great Game, sad outcome.

It was February 5, the day after my 50th birthday. I was at the Illinois - Northwestern game. I was lucky to have a seat. The game sold out early. There are lots of Illinois fans in the Chicago area and its a popular game. Illiois was ranked 24 in the polls. I am lucky to know Dr. Ngai. He has many friends at Northwestern and he was able to get me a ticket. He goes to every game. It was not just any ticket. It was in the 5th row. Off the corner of the court. Here is a picture of Ngai and myself at half time.



Here is a shot of the court from my seat. Great view of the players and the action. Great atmosphere for a Big Ten game. And the refs were letting them play. it was a close game. It was a great game.



This is Willie the Wildcat. Quite the fierce kitty. It was my second Illini game of the year (see Dec 18 post). It was the second loss that I saw. Northwestern 71, Illinois 70. Bummer. The Big Ten games are brutal. Very competitive. Hopefully they make the NCAA Tourney. The first and second round are at the United Center. If they get their act together maybe they will be able to start the tourney in Chicago. Although, so far this year playing in Chicago has ot been very lucky.

No comments: